In October 2017, the team conducted a workshop funded by MOWCAP (Asia Pacific Regional Committee for the Memory of the World Programmer ) in Yangon with two well-known Australian archivists (Ray Edmonson_ pioneer film and sound archivist / Mick Newnham retired Manager National Film and sound Archive Australia) with the focus on applied preservation techniques and restoration ethics. There were fifteen participants _four from the government side and eleven from various industries who attended the workshop. The thing they have in common is a will to save Myanmar film heritage which motivates SMF team to continue walking on its path confidently. In the future, the team has many plans to organize more meaningful workshops on Film Archiving.
- Movie Time “Koon Hna Eain Tan Ka Ma Jan Bon” by Director Maung Wunna
- Save Myanmar Film organized a “Film Digital Restoration Workshop” conducted by Imagica Lab (Japan)
- Save Myanmar Film conducted two-day Magnetic Tapes Digitization Workshop at IPRD funded by MOWCAP ACC small grants
- “The Daughter of Japan” is handed over to Myanmar and digital restored version is screened in Yangon for the first time.
- The Daughter of Japan” is being scanned to be digitally restored