In October 2018, SMF team went to National Film Archive of Japan where “The Daughter of Japan” (1935), directed by U Nyi Pu, coproduced by A1 Films (Myanmar) is being stored. Having a smooth relationship with the production companies as they know Save Myanmar Film’s works, SMF could initiate the digital restoration of “The Daughter of Japan” by collaborating with A1 Films and National Film Archive of Japan with the financial help of Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs for 2019 project.
- Movie Time “Koon Hna Eain Tan Ka Ma Jan Bon” by Director Maung Wunna
- Save Myanmar Film organized a “Film Digital Restoration Workshop” conducted by Imagica Lab (Japan)
- Save Myanmar Film conducted two-day Magnetic Tapes Digitization Workshop at IPRD funded by MOWCAP ACC small grants
- “The Daughter of Japan” is handed over to Myanmar and digital restored version is screened in Yangon for the first time.
- The Daughter of Japan” is being scanned to be digitally restored